Thursday 5 November 2015

Football

Cristiano Ronaldo says he is better than Lionel Messi

James Dutton
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo believes he is the best footballer in the world and is better than Barcelona forward Lionel Messi.

The three-time Ballon d'Or winner and all-time leading goalscorer for Real Madrid said in an interview with the BBC, "I don't need to say 'I'm in the history of football, I'm a legend'. The numbers say everything."


The Portuguese believes he is playing at an "unbelievable" level and wants to continue playing for another five or six seasons.


Wheb asked about comparisons with Barcelona and Argentina star Messi, he said: "It's opinions, I respect the opinions. Maybe in your opinion Messi is better than me, but in my mind I am better than him. So it's simple."






The former Manchester United star believes he is in a position where it is difficult to keep improving.


"To improve more it's very tough. I just want to maintain because this is I think the most difficult part for a football player," said Ronaldo, who is also the Champions League's top scorer with 82 goals.


"In my mind, I'm always the best. I don't care what people think, what they say. In my mind, not just this year but always, I'm always the best," he added.






The 30-year-old admitted it was "hard" to see Manchester United under performing and not at the level they were at during his time at the club, when they won the Champions League in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment