Monday 2 November 2015

Liga

Ronaldo reveals uncertainty about long-term Real Madrid future

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has offered another hint that he could leave Real Madrid before the end of his career.

Ronaldo, 30, signed a five-year contract extension with the Spanish side in 2013 – and this season overtook Raul to become the club’s all-time leading goalscorer.


But his future has become the subject of increasing speculation, with rumbling reports that he is planning a late career switch to Major League Soccer recently joined by claims that both Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain are desperate to lure him away.






At the weekend former United defender Patrice Evra claimed that Ronaldo had been close to a return to Old Trafford back in 2013, only for Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement to scupper the progressing plans.


And the player himself has admitted his future might not be at the Santiago Bernabeu.


“Why not?” Ronaldo said, when asked by German publication Kicker whether he could see himself leaving Madrid before his contract ends.


"Right now, I play for Real Madrid, but you never know. You have to do whatever makes you happy. You never know what happens tomorrow.


“I can only say that I will always give it my all for my club and my country."






The Portuguese also echoed recent comments he made about how he perceives his rivalry with Barcelona forward Lionel Messi.


"I am happy and proud about my career," said Ronaldo.


"Maybe you think that Messi is the best, others might go for [Andres] Iniesta.


"I respect that, but to me, I am the best."


Like Real Madrid?


Get more at www.madridistanews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment